The Lake of the Woods District Hospital meets the immediate healthcare needs of residents of the City of Kenora, as well as a large surrounding area, including several First Nations Communities. Located at 21 Sylvan St. W, Kenora Ph. (807) 468-9861.
Our goal is to provide high quality patient care within available resources. Our healthcare team is made up of a wide range of dedicated, expert individuals who work along with your physician to provide you or your loved one with the best possible treatment. We are a fully accredited hospital under the national standards of Accreditation Canada.
The Emergency Department provides 24-hour care for persons requiring immediate or urgent assessment, diagnosis and treatment for injury and/or illness. Specialty consultation is available by request of the medical staff or by transfer to a designated hospital where tertiary care can be provided. There is a 24-hour helicopter service available and there are helipads on 5 First Nation reserves and 5 district communities.
We’re creating history through being one of the first 24 Ontario Health Teams and being an active partner in the healthcare transformation that is occurring in the province. Currently, we are in the process of working collaboratively with All Nations Health Partners to plan and build a new All Nations Hospital, providing existing staff the ability to shape the future of healthcare in Kenora. We are looking for great people to add to our team and we offer incredible benefits to working on our team including:
- Onsite fitness facilities for staff.
- Physio onsite for staff.
- Our excellent Wellness Committee initiatives including Family Swims, Curling, Skiing events for employees and family members.
- A very active “Sunshine Club” which offers free staff lunches to celebrate events and holidays as well as initiatives such as gift card draws at the holidays, our wonderful Family Christmas party with Santa for children and so much more.
- Amazing opportunities to enhance skillsets in varieties of areas throughout the hospital
- Possibilities for grant eligibility
- Excellent EAP program
- HOOPP pension eligibility for all employees regardless of status
- Coming in 2020 are some new great things including endorsing health care providers benefits, which will provide benefit plans for casual and part time employees!
These are just a few reasons why it's great to be a part of the Lake of the Woods Hospital Team. Join our Talent Pool, register for Email Alerts and apply for our open positions today!